||It has been suggested that this article or section be merged into FEMEN. (Discuss) Proposed since March 2012.|
Hutsol (left with red hair) and DJ Hell
October 16, 1984 (age 27)
Anna Hutsol (Ukrainian: Ганна Гуцол; born 16 October 1984) is a Ukrainian activist and founder of FEMEN. Although she was born in what is now Ukraine, she uses the Russian version of her name (анна Гуцол) and uses the English name ‘Anna Hutsol’ on her Facebook page. Hutsol is an economist and has a background in theater and uses that skill to attract attention to her cause – for Ukrainian women to gain access to society and politics.
FEMEN (Ukrainian: FEMEN; Ukrainian Cyrilic:Фемен) is an Ukrainian protest group based in Kiev, known for their toplessdemonstrations. The group started protesting against sex tourism and broadened their agenda to women’s rights and civil rightsin Ukraine and around the world.
- ^ (Russian) Он-лайн конференция с Гуцол Анной Васильевной, основательницей и лидером женского движения FEMEN, РБК-Украина (23 July 2010)
- ^ Personal blog on Echo of Moscow
- ^ http://www.facebook.com/anna.hutsol
- ^ ‘The Entire Ukraine Is a Brothel’, Spiegel Online (5 May 2011)
- ^ Reuters
- ^ Feminine Femen targets ‘sexpats’, Kyiv Post (May 22, 2009)
- ^ How they protest prostitution in Ukraine, France 24 (August 28, 2009)
- ^ FEMEN activist Supports the Egyptian Revolution
- ^ Vancouver Sun
- ^ CNN